12356 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98005
Meyer Medical Equipment Center Hours
Monday - Thursday 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM
Monday through Thursday
9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Bridge Disability Ministries
Bridge Disability Ministries is a faith-based organization that helps people with disabilities get used wheelchairs and walkers. The on-site equipment goes to low-income patients who need it before they can be discharged.
If you need help obtaining medical equipment, the Meyer Medical Equipment Center has used equipment available. When they no longer need it, it is expected that the equipment will be returned to them so that it can made available to someone else who may need it.
All used equipment is cleaned and inspected. Each item has a suggested donation amount to help cover costs.
Visiting the Meyer Medical Equipment Center
Mobility and medical equipment is in high demand, so not all items are available at all times. Review what you need on our Equipment Types page before making special trip to Bridge.
When clients arrive, staff will work with them to find what is needed or get you on a waiting list if the item is not available.
Everyone Who Needs Equipment is Eligible
Anyone who needs it can get equipment from this center. There are no income or other eligibility requirements. They do have some simple paperwork for the clients or a friend or family member to fill out.
Electric wheelchairs and power scooters have a medical pre‐authorization requirement.
Medical Equipment Types Available
Used medical and mobility equipment is in high demand, so not all items are available at all times. The center does not maintain a real-time inventory of available equipment.
- Front-Wheel Walker, Knee Walker & Four-Wheel Walker
- Tilt in Space Wheelchair
- Patient Lift & Transfer Bench
- Hospital Bed
- Raised Toilet Seat, Toilet Commode & Toilet Frame
- Electric Wheelchair & Manual Wheelchair (Fluctuating Supply)
- Shower Bench
This page indicates what types of equipment are in:
Add link to page: http://bridgemin.org/medical-equipment/equipment-types/
Electric Wheelchairs and Scooters
They have a large selection of power wheelchairs, scooters, and other specialized mobility equipment. Equipment for larger people, bariatric equipment, is not donated often, so it may not be available when you need it.
This type of Mobility equipment requires the following steps:
- Clients must get a pre-authorization note from doctor. It should state clients need for the specific type of power equipment and ability to operate it safely.
- Complete an Equipment Request Form for an Electric Wheelchair. Electric wheelchairs and scooters need to fit clients properly based on height, weight, ability to operate it, and specific medical needs. Click here for helpful steps to fill out the form.
- The suggested donation for this equipment ranges from $200 to $1,500. They repair most of the donated electric equipment to make sure it is safe and operational for the next user, the donation covers our battery replacement and repair costs.
Once clients have completed the medical pre-authorization process, they will contact clients if they get equipment that meets their needs. clients are also welcome to visit the center to see what is available.
Maintaining and Returning Equipment
Clients are responsible for proper operation and maintenance of their item, such as new batteries and safe storage of your equipment.
Clients can use your equipment for as long as needed. They ask that clients return items to them promptly when they are finished using it – continuing the cycle of donations and helping others. One piece of equipment can be used to help as many as four people per year.
All of the information provided on this page including logo comes from the Bridge Disability Ministries website. & the banner image above is from google maps.