The shelter is located in the basement of the University Temple United Methodist Church at 1415 NE 43rd Street. The entrance is in the alley at the southwest corner of the building. Go down the alley between the church and the post office and ROOTS is the set of double blue doors on the left hand side.
BUS INFORMATION FOR THIS LOCATION
- 512 - Downtown Seattle:
off at 5th Ave NE & NE 45th S (47 min (7 stops) then walk (3 mins) to
NE 45th St & 7th Ave NE
- Then from that stop take the: 44 - University Of Washington Medical Center Wallingford (4 min (3 stops)
- Off At: 15th Ave NE & NE 43RD St then walk (About 1 min , 259 ft) to: 1415 NE 43rd St Seattle, WA 98105 (Destination will be on the right)
To Access Shelter:
People seeking shelter can call (206) 632-1635 or come to our door between 8:00 PM and 8:30 PM and ask to be put on the list.
If more than 45 people are trying to access shelter, then a random drawing is done at 8:30 PM to determine who will be turned away. The doors open for sign-in at 9:00 PM.
- Safe overnight emergency shelter
- Clean bedding
- Dinner and breakfast
- On-site case management (Monday – Thursday) and referral to other support and transitional services
- Supportive and nurturing relationships between staff, volunteers, and guests
This is an all-ages meal provided by ROOTS every Friday between 5:30 and 7:00 PM that is open to anyone in the community who would like to attend. Click here to learn more.
ROOTS requires a government-issued photo ID within 5 stays OR a note from a case manager saying you are in the process of getting an ID.
ROOTS cannot accept any person under the age of 18.
All of the information provided on this page including logo comes from the Roots website. & the location images above is from google maps.