The Optometric Physicians of Washington (OPW)
14450 NE 29th Pl #115
Bellevue, WA 98007-3697
VISION USA - WASHINGTON
Providing Free Eye Exams to Low-Income Uninsured Americans across the U.S. More than 46 million low-income individuals in the United States cannot afford the cost of routine eye care or do not have the health insurance that covers such exams. VISION USA was established in 1991 to provide basic eye examinations to Americans in need, and is currently available in 40 states and the District of Columbia. AOA member optometrists donate their services at no cost. If you need an eye exam and do not have insurance and cannot afford one, work with your social worker, case worker, charitable organization or agency to submit an application on your behalf for VISION USA services.
- Must be a US citizen or legal resident with a social security or legal resident number
- Have no private or government insurance, Medicare or Medicaid
- Have not had an eye exam within the past 24 months
- Have an income below established guidelines based on household size* (see chart below)
- Have not received a doctor referral through the VISION USA program in the past two years
- Maximum of 4 applicants per household per year
Everett Social service agencies that work with Vision USA
DAVES JOAN, EVERETT GOSPEL MISSION: 3711 SMITH AVE EVERETT, WA 98201. Phone: 425-740-2571 Email: email@example.com
BEJAR CARLOS, SEAMAR COMMUNNITY HEALTH CENTER IN EVERETT: 1920 100TH ST SE BUILDING B EVERETT, WA 98208. Phone: 425-312-0202 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HAVEMAN STEPHEN, EVERETT GOSPEL MISSION: 3711 SMITH AVE EVERETT, WA 98201. Phone: 425-740-2572 Email: email@example.com
JIMENEZ LIANA, SEAMAR CHC: 1920 100TH STREET SE BLDG. B EVERETT, WA 98204. Phone 425-312-0276 Email: Lianajimenez@seamarchc.org
To apply for VISION USA - WSHINGTON services, applicants must work with a social service agency, ie: charitable organization, social worker, case worker, community health agency to review and submit an application.
- Obtain a paper application and complete the front side.
- Locate a Social Service Agency – or work with a charitable organization, Social worker, case worker, community health agency in your community.
- Contact the social service agency and explain that you are needing their assistance submitting an application for vision care services through VISION USA. Detailed instructions for your social service agent are located on the back of application.
- Work with your social service agent to verify your eligibility and submit application to Optometric Physicians of Washington.
All of the information provided on this page and the banner image comes from the VISION USA website. (Updated April 18, 2018)